Fulltime April hire date - June 30, 2014
At Science Friday we’ve spent 23 years exploring everything from the outer reaches of space to the tiniest microbes in our bodies. We’re great at broadcasting science. And we’ve always been digital innovators – we created the first podcast in public media, and we streamed a radio show online way back in 1993. But all of our programs and projects take funding, so if you’re smart, creative, and passionate about both fundraising and science, you may exactly what we’re looking for.
Science Friday seeks an enthusiastic and energetic person with a background in fundraising to assist with our individual giving program from April to June. This position is full-time and temporary for a period of eight to ten weeks. Knowledge about Raiser’s Edge is required.
In this job you’ll create/edit/draft fundraising solicitations and acknowledgment letters; manage our Raiser’s Edge donor database, correspond with our donors and answer their inquiries; and assist with event coordination.
Supervisor: Executive Director
- Devise strategies to increase individual giving and cultivate gifts;
- Execute individual giving, gather updates on project progress and report on progress vis a vis targets as requested by the Executive Director;
- Work with Executive Director to schedule donor visits and strategize approach;
- Conduct prospect research;
- Review and edit all donor communication and annual appeals;
- Work with Executive Director as requested on preparation for donor cultivation events;
- Advise on giving trends and donor messaging.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge is required.
- Ability to work proactively, independently, and as a team.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Good phone skills and ability to write persuasively.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability and personality to work collaboratively.
- A love of science, education, and the mission of Science Friday a plus.
By April 8, 2014, apply by email with Temporary Individual Giving Coordinator in the subject to JOBD503 [at] sciencefriday.com. Your application should include your resume, an annual giving writing sample and a cover letter or brief message that describes why you’d like to work with us.
This position is based in New York City. Science Friday Initiative is an EOE employer and our offices are a Drug Free Workplace. We’ll conduct interviews until we find the right person. Please no phone calls or office visits.