- Decoding 'the Most Complex Object in the Universe'
- Rolling Out Bamboo Bicycles
- Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn Talks Climate and Carbon
- Looking Back, and Up, at a Seattle Icon
- With Climate Change, No Happy Clams
- Denis Hayes on Being Green
- Human Genes Not Patentable, Supreme Court Says
- How to Survive a Mass Extinction
- Whole Genome Scans Could Reveal Too Much
- Promising Results in Early Trial of Novel MS Treatment
Jan. 14, 2011
A Florida airport recently had to close its main runway to repaint directional signs, due to the changing location of magnetic north. We'll talk about the planet's magnetic field.
May. 06, 2011
In A Planet of Viruses, Zimmer writes of viruses that cause cancer and others that cure disease.
Nov. 18, 2011
Researchers are studying our moon's effects on the Earth to guide their search for habitable worlds elsewhere.
Jun. 01, 2012
From barely-alive to bits of a biocomputer, a look at two different microbes and their unusual stories.
Jul. 01, 2011
A new book looks at the mucus-filled world of some of the oceans’ oddest inhabitants.
AVAILABLE IN ITUNES
Michael Pollan Talks Plants and Food
- Ask a Dentist: Facts To Sink Your Teeth Into
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. And, it turns out, the dentist. Did you kn...
- Ask an Astronaut: Don Pettit and Jeff Hoffman on Spaceflight
Two astronauts answer your questions and discuss the many curiosities of living ...
- Ask a Quantum Mechanic
Teleporting data.. time travel.. quantum computers. Sci-fi or science reality? '...
- Ask an Astrophysicist
Nobel Prize-winning astrophysicist Adam Riess takes your questions on dark energ...
BOOKS BY OUR GUESTS
From the Vault
Ira Asks: How Do They Make Eyeglasses?
You deliver your prescription to an optician, and they return with a pair of eyeglass lenses tailored precisely to your personal vision quirks. But how?