- Decoding 'the Most Complex Object in the Universe'
- Rolling Out Bamboo Bicycles
- Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn Talks Climate and Carbon
- Looking Back, and Up, at a Seattle Icon
- With Climate Change, No Happy Clams
- Denis Hayes on Being Green
- Human Genes Not Patentable, Supreme Court Says
- Whole Genome Scans Could Reveal Too Much
- How to Survive a Mass Extinction
- Promising Results in Early Trial of Novel MS Treatment
Aug. 24, 2012
Are the movements of wildfires as predictable as the weather? And does climate change cause bigger, hotter blazes?
Sep. 28, 2012
Cheatgrass, an invasive weed, chokes out native sagebrush -- and sets the stage for massive blazes.
May. 13, 2011
Even if cheap pyrotechnics isn't your thing, the physics behind how this works is relevant to anyone with eyes.
Sep. 23, 2011
Scientists discuss how to control the fires that have shaped and scarred the Southwest.
Jun. 08, 2012
The winner of Alan Alda’s ‘Flame Challenge’ draws on animation, song and a physics background.
AVAILABLE IN ITUNES
Michael Pollan Talks Plants and Food
- Ask a Dentist: Facts To Sink Your Teeth Into
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. And, it turns out, the dentist. Did you kn...
- Ask an Astronaut: Don Pettit and Jeff Hoffman on Spaceflight
Two astronauts answer your questions and discuss the many curiosities of living ...
- Ask a Quantum Mechanic
Teleporting data.. time travel.. quantum computers. Sci-fi or science reality? '...
- Ask an Astrophysicist
Nobel Prize-winning astrophysicist Adam Riess takes your questions on dark energ...
BOOKS BY OUR GUESTS
From the Vault
Ira Asks: How Do They Make Eyeglasses?
You deliver your prescription to an optician, and they return with a pair of eyeglass lenses tailored precisely to your personal vision quirks. But how?