6 - 8
15 min - 1 hr
We want you to explain to us what the Sun does.
- Learn something interesting about what the sun does.
- Do your best to explain what you’ve learned about the sun.
- Share your explanation with the hashtag #ExplainTheSun
Here’s a little inspiration…
- We asked scientists and other solar-interested folks to answer the question: What does the sun do? See their responses here.
- Make your own UV light detector in this activity from the Lawrence Hall of Science.
- Watch videos, read articles, and listen to interviews about the sun in Science Friday’s Sun Science Collection on PBS Learning Media.
- Listen to our launch on Science Friday, May 8th
- Help us create a human sundial
For more information on ways to #ExplainTheSun and how to share your explanation, click here.
— Charles Bergquist (@cbquist) May 13, 2015
— Carolyn Shover (@SciteachK4) May 27, 2015