On his upcoming trip to Mount Everest, mountaineer Conrad Anker will team up with geologist Dave Lageson to remeasure the peak’s exact altitude — a stat scientists still dispute. Physiologist Bryan Taylor will also be in Nepal to monitor how Anker’s blood, brain and muscles respond to the thin Himalayan air.
Conrad Anker is a North Face Climber and Athlete Team Captain. He’s based in Bozeman Montana.
Bryan Taylor is a post-doctoral research fellow at the Mayo Clinic. He’s based in Rochester, Minnesota.
David Lageson is a Professor of Structural Geology at Montana State University. He’s based in Bozeman, Montana.
- Conrad Anker personal site
- Mayo Clinic: Taking Extreme Medicine to New Heights – Studying Physiology in the
- BBC: Everest rock map published
- BBC: Nepal in new bid to finally settle Mount Everest height
- Time: Summit Squabble: Nepal Will Finally Measure Mount EverestÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Height
- The Wildest Dream
- Montana State University — Everest Education Expedition
- National Geographic Society
- Follow the climb @ NatGeo Everest 2012