Get ready, St. Louis! Science Friday is coming to the Sheldon on October 25th to Break It Down!
We’ll talk about:
- Conservation geneticist Christy Edwards, who uses one of the smallest pieces of a plant—its DNA—to guide large-scale conservation decisions
- Geologist Michael Wysession, who tells the story of how North America was nearly ripped in two—and what kept it together
- Microbial ecologist Bo Adu-Oppong, who studies the microbiome of plants, and who explains how to make a bacterial layer cake, from a soil sample
- Science Friday’s Ariel Zych and Charles Bergquist, who will reconvene the Science Friday Science Club. This time they’re inviting you to break down complex things – plants, devices, molecules, even languages – in order to better understand how they work
- And brewmaster Martin Toft of 4 Hands Brewing Co., who will judge a special SciFri quiz on the science of brewing beer—and toast you if you’re right.
All that and a fiddle breakdown by St. Louis’ own Buckley & Walsh, and a special dance performance by breakdancers Moh and Abduallah Ghraiz of COCA and Funk CB Crew.