The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2023: Livestream and Q&A
- When: Monday, December 11 at 5:00pm ET / 2:00pm PT
- Where: Science Friday’s YouTube livestream
- Tickets: Free! RSVP for updates
RSVP for Dec 11
The editors of this year’s The Best American Science and Nature Writing anthology—and special guest journalists and writers—will take the virtual stage to reflect on their favorite stories from last year, the biggest news from this year in science, and the future of scientific discovery and journalism.
On the virtual stage will be:
- Carl Zimmer is the author of many science books, including Life’s Edge: The Search of What it Means to Be Alive and She Has Her Mother’s Laugh. He’s also the guest editor of The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2023, and is based in New York, NY.
- Jaime Green is a science writer and author of The Possibility of Life: Science, Imagination, and Our Quest for Kinship in the Cosmos. She is also the series editor of The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2023, and is based in Connecticut.
- Marion Renault is a health and science writer based in Grenoble, France. Their essay, A French Village’s Radical Vision of a Good Life with Alzheimer’s, is featured in The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2023.
- Maryn McKenna is a senior writer at Wired, a senior fellow at Emory University’s Center for the Study of Human Health, and the author of many books, including Big Chicken, Superbug, and Beating Back the Devil. Her essay, The Provincetown Breakthrough, is featured in The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2023
Come with your queries and wonderings—we’ll be taking your questions via the livestream comments.
This event is a part of the SciFri Book Club December 2023 pick. Find out more about our book club on this month’s main page.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Subscribe to SciFri Book Club emails to stay updated on our monthly read sand join us for community discussions. We’ll send emails a few times per week.
Meet the Writer
Diana Plasker is the Experiences Manager at Science Friday, where she creates live events and partnerships to delight and engage audiences in the world of science.