Science Friday Virtual Trivia Nights
- When: Every Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. PT, starting March 3, 2021
- Where: Science Friday’s YouTube livestream
- Tickets: Free! Register for more info and reminders.
We can’t wait to hang out with you for Science Friday Virtual Trivia Night! SciFri Trivia is an weekly gathering that’s part science-y facts, part dance party, and part pop culture romp — and it’s for anyone looking to bring together teams (or bravely play solo) to win ultimate bragging rights. It’s not all science, or Science Friday, trivia but let’s just say it wouldn’t hurt to listen to last week’s SciFri radio show. You might even catch a glimpse of recognizable Science Friday staff member! 😉
Here’s all you need to know to join and play.
- Start time: 8:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. PT
- Run time: about an hour
Here’s a checklist for the lead-up to trivia night.
- Assemble your team (up to eight people total – or you can totally play solo!).
- Register using the RSVP form below.
- This webpage is actually the same link where you’ll watch trivia! The image above will be replaced with a YouTube livestream. We recommend joining from a computer if you can – it can be tricky on phones or tablets.
- Choose a way to stay connected if your teammates are playing from different locations.
- We suggest a phone call, chat or video call separate from the main trivia YouTube livestream. Ask everyone to wear headphones, so there’s no echo of the livestream from different computers—or, ask one person to share their screen and show the livestream to all team members in a Zoom, Google Meet, or Discord group call.
- Prep the answer forms. For each of the three rounds, each solo player or team will submit one form with their answers. If you’re playing on a team, choose one representative to submit all the forms. Mind the formatting rules!
- Make sure to RSVP to receive these instructions, including answer form links, in advance.
- Invite some pals! Not all the questions will be STEM- or SciFri-related, but it wouldn’t hurt to have a biologist, avid SciFri listener or general STEM enthusiast on your team.
- Add weekly trivia night to your calendar, or set a reminder to join at 8:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. PT. We don’t want you to miss any fun (or points)!
We’ll announce the winner(s) at the end of trivia night, and keep a running tally of weekly scores on our website.
What does the winner get, you ask?? Endless bragging rights and maybe some science-y prizes.
Got questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the Writer
Diana Montano is the Events Producer at Science Friday, where she crafts live events to delight and engage audiences in the world of science.