Can’t wait until Friday’s show to talk to us? See what’s new on the SciFri VoxPop app.
Your voice has always been part of Science Friday’s DNA. We’ve taken your questions live by phone from the very beginning to make sure you’re a part of the conversation. Now, we’ve launched a new way for you to talk to us all week long: the SciFri VoxPop app.
SciFri VoxPop is a new way for us to interact with you, our listeners. Here’s how it works: We publish a question. You record a comment and press “send.” It’s that simple! Your answers will help shape our coverage for upcoming shows.
We can’t do it without you—so download the app for iPhone and Android. (Or search “SciFri VoxPop” wherever you get your apps.)
Then tune into the show—we may feature your comments on the air!
Right now, we’re asking you…
- SciFri Book Club is back! Are you reading our pick, New Suns? What’s your favorite story and why?
- What suspicious claims have you heard about science and the environment this election?
- Do you put a lot of weight on election forecasts? Why or why not?
- How have you been affected by the fires on the West Coast? We want to hear your story.
- What longterm effects of the West Coast wildfires are you wondering about?
- Were you involved in Science Friday’s Second Life community in the late 2000s? Tell us your favorite memory from that time.
- We are continuing our coverage of the novel coronavirus. What questions do you still have about this infectious disease?
- Have your dreams changed since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic? Tell us about it.
- Help us nominate the next critter for our Charismatic Creature Corner!
Tell us by downloading the SciFri VoxPop app for iOS and Android. Listen to this week’s show to hear if we play your story on air.
To find out more about how Science Friday uses information collected on the SciFri VoxPop app, visit our privacy policies.
Meet the Writer
Christopher Intagliata was Science Friday’s senior producer. He once served as a prop in an optical illusion and speaks passable Ira Flatowese.